Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a registration charge?
A: No. Participation is free for all UCP students.
Q: I am taking core Entrepreneurship course. Can I present my course project in the “Idea Stage” category?
A: Yes, absolutely. We strongly encourage students taking entrepreneurship courses to present their ideas in the Idea Stage category.
Q: I am doing my Final Year Project. Which category should I apply?
A: If you have started your project and have a prototype, join in the prototype stage.
Q: My project is not complete yet. Can I participate?
A: Absolutely yes! You can present your existing prototype and explain your plans for completion to the judges.
Q: I have been running my own business. Should I apply?
A: We strongly encourage you to apply in the Revenue Stage category.
Q: How will the “Idea Stage” teams be judged?
A: Teams in the “Idea Stage” category will be judged based on the quality of the ideation process.
- How did you identify the problem? Is it a real pain-point?
- Do you understand your target customers? Who are they?
- What is the solution that you are proposing? Is it feasible? Does it address the pain-point that you have identified?
- Who is your competition in the marketplace? Is your solution innovative?
Q: How will the “Prototype Stage” teams be judged?
A: Teams in the “Prototype Stage” category will be judged based on the quality of their idea and prototype.
- What is the problem you identified? Is it a real pain-point?
- Is the solution that you are proposing feasible?
- How well have you developed the prototype? Does it have the features that address the pain-point?
- What is your plan for required for customer testing?
Q: How will the “Revenue Stage” teams be judged?
A: Teams in the “Revenue Stage” category will be judged based on the quality of their idea and prototype.
- Strength of your brand.
- Quality of the product or service you are offering.
- Revenues and revenue growth.
- Legal structure
Q: I am not taking any course this semester. I am doing VIS or internship or project. Can i still participate?
A: Yes. All current UCP students can participate.
Q: I graduated last semester. Can I still participate?
A: No. Unfortunately, graduated students are not eligible.
Q: I have a question that is not answered here. What do I do?
A: Please email your question to email@example.com or stop by Takhleeq’s office any time.